Friday, January 29, 2010

"Glime"

I hate Rockaway and it's stupid shuttle train. For the third time I am missing out on Mission Of Burma because of its mishap. Fuckin MTA. Dissapointed that I didn't get to wear my new black leather-silver studded cowboy boots more than two blocks out too.

In a way it might be a good thing. It's forcing me to be more productive.

I've concocted a huge list of open mics in the Manhattan/Brooklyn areas so far to check out. It's time to start putting my shit out into the world. Right now it's just me singing accapella, at least for the moment. But I think I have what it takes to hold people's attention based on my vocal ability alone.

I'm also in the process of trying to get my life in order.

I've been weiging my options about what my next step is going to be schoolwise. One is apply to Queens College for Art History where I can take classes concerning Italian Art. I can then minor in Italian and from there apply for the foreign exchange program to the University of Catania.

Option two is apply to Brooklyn College and build up enough credits after a year or so to apply to Hunter, and do the Italian foreign exchange program from there.

Option three would be to stick to the original plan; take the SAT's to see if I score high enough to get right into Hunter.

But I like the idea of Option One. I'll go right to Sicily instead of going to Northern Italy and having to take additional time to go to Catania anyways. Besides, my distant cousin is a Proffessor at the University of Catania in History, so it's perfect really.

My fourth Option is to go to Esthetician School and get my lisence in skin care/makeup so when I apply for my tattoo lisence (which with any of these options I will be doing part-time), I can then directly apply for a tattoo cosmetology lisence at the same time. Problem is, Esthetician School in New York is expensive and do not accept Federal Financial Aid, unlike Tricoci University in Illinois.

I can't live without the city though. It's taken me a while but I've finally come to that realization. As much as I get sick of it and pull away from it, it always draws me back in with it's glitter and it's grime. I call it 'glime'.

On a contradictory note, I am starting to pack to move this week. Yes, I am moving again. This time one floor down. We compensate the third bedroom for a small backyard but it's just my mother and I and it's better for the dogs. In the long run it's better for us too, not having the ordeal of getting their harness's on and Calvin barking like a maniac. Lexi won't try and pull my arm out of it's socket either, yey arm!

I've decided to also redecorate my bedroom, again. At the other apartment I decided to go with a chocolate rasberry for the walls, but a month and $2,000 later for it to be painted over wasn't so much fun. So now I'm going to stick strictly with white walls and instead of making it so Bordello/Vaudeville I'm going to go with more of a MAC/Chanel/Couture feel.
A lot of white, black and silver/gold furniture and accessories wth thick, velvet burgundy curtains; black faux fur rug and a small colored-jewel dripped chandelier...lots of tassled pillows, candles and incence. Basically, pure sexiness.

I will be having a rummage sale soon to get rid of all of the things I don't use anymore. A lot of knicknacks, books and clothing. I'll post up some pictures soon of everything. I've been working on compiling boxes of such items and to be honest it's been a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's as if some of the...things I used to love hold a certain stigma to them now.

As I've gotten older too, I've learned to put less of a value on things that aren't a neccessary part of my being, like books I haven't read since I'm twelve or clothing I haven't touched in years. And seriously, what do I need with a shirt from back then that won't even fit half of ONE of my tits inside of it? It's time to let go.


On the art front, went through my portfolio today. Updated it a few months ago with a small series of zombie-skull pinups but I think it needs a second revamping. Been working on a few different pieces as of lately. Four for my good friend and collaborator on SLUTFACE & The Handsome Gentlemen, Bdee (of Bdee & The Venemous Oranges and Elephant Walk on Dinosaurs in Vietnam Records); Two for his solo EP and two for his second EP with Helicopter Goes Kaboom! (his collaboration with Michael McManus also of Bdee and The Venemous Oranges as well as Fastizio/El Rio Humano and one of the founders of Dinosaurs in Vietnam Records).
Then I am working on two pieces for my friend Dave's band (Digamy) for their upcoming release in March.

It's all going to be sick.

Working on some new things for Ragdoll Creations, which as of lately has been taking off better than I had expected. The new logo/flyer will be posted soon, when I stop being a spaz and figure out how to operate my new Blackberry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment