Friday, January 22, 2010

Rants and Raves: Volume One

Orange skinned whores with annoying accents and brainless mama boy's with 8oz's of goop frozen onto their heads...why is this entertaining?
The Jersey Shore is on. It's gross but I can't stop watching this filthication. I'm really hoping fistpumping doesn't become the next big "phenomenon"...

Besides the last wasted hour of life I'll never be able to gain back, I've spent most of the day going through my clothing. Fifteen bags later and I don't even have an adiquet pile of things to rid of. That's not even including shoes, in which there's another four or five big black trash bags worth.

Between music and art supplies, and clothing, I could probably fill up half the Brooklyn Navy Yard if it were all organized correctly. I don't think that's healthy. Or sane.

You do realize how much value you place on material things once you're away from all of your possessions for a duration period of time.
It's weird though, I get so wrapped up in the sponteniety and adrenaline of being somewhere new that for a time being I forget about everything else. But then that excited feeling fades and I'm itching for familiarality again.

I think I idealize the concept of change as something more pretentious than it actually is. But on the flip side, I can't stay some place familiar for too long either or I start to feel like maggots are eating me alive. Then I get into these deep ruts of depression and I lose all sense of motivation whatsoever.

I do know that whatever I'm set out to do in this life will have a lot of traveling involved, indefinitely. That is my main goals in life; to be able to do the things I love freely and travel as much as possible as a result. I'm not going to rush and do things half assed though. I'm okay with knowing that I'm not going to reach my full point of self-success by tomorrow morning. Of course I do have goals. Maybe even too many to think about at once. But however many or unrealistic they may be I no doubt have every intention of not stopping until I make every one of them happen. In what order, I have not the slightest idea. I guess whichever "door" I "pry open first".

I do feel as though I've finally reached the crossroads in my life where it's up to me and only me to find what the light and dark is for myself. So I guess now it's about taking this pent up energy I've had festering within me and manifesting it into reality. Especially with whom.

For now, it's Glitter and Doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment