Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ragdolls and Creations

Sitting here drinking from my poison cup (litterally, a paper cup with a skull wearing a fancy jeweled crown and enscripted with old english-style lettering underneath reading 'poison'. How cool am I?), having mixed emotions about basically everything. I guess today is one of those days to let myself go through the motions' and save decisions for tomorrow.
I think even my dog's sense I'm in an off mood since they've been more affectionate today then usual. It's okay. I don't mind the extra love and little smiling faces peering up at me as if to say, "How cute am I? Now pet me bitch".


I've spent most of the day writing. Though I left my refference cd of SLUTFACE in Chicago most of my ideas permeated with me and have since evolved. At least the tracks I remember the beats and names to. I think this is good. It's a new direction for me, more of a electronic-dance vibe. Even though my father's a house music producer and I've been surrounded by it for years, I've never seen myself exploring this type of music up until this past year when Bdee expressed to me his idea for SLUTFACE and The Handsome Gentlemen. He even came up with the latter half of the title which completes it in my opinion. I think it represents us well, especially for what's to come.

I want to use it as an alterior identity, the other part of me that I don't express as much; the grittier, edgier, fearless and vulnerable side. I've been working harder on trying to cultivate that side of myself so I can be open more creatively. I'm trying to be as open and honest with myself as my mind shall allow so I'll finally attain that freedom I spoke of previously. I think it's working so far, in the writing aspect.
I don't feel the need to rush this process either. I think most people think it's never going to happen because I've put it off for so long but they forget that timing is everything. If only they truly knew where I was coming from instead of making wrong (silent) accusations. But it dampers their energy, not mine. I'm quite proud of the work I'm producing and extremely excited about the next step in the process.

Had a few good days in the art department but today it's come to a hault. I try not to force myself too hard if I'm not feeling it or the whole thing becomes strenuous and not a great product of work. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my art and I will start a piece over and over until I feel it's right.

I guess today isn't a day for drawing or decisions.

Almost forgot, here's the new Ragdoll Creations logo (click on it to see full version):

Photobucket

Tell me what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment